Skip to main content

the traveling fur #1

Comments

  1. This fur of yours is AMAZING. I think I want one.
    And how come YOU get pictures from mom and I don't??? She still has all the pictures from the bridal shower and the wedding... arg. I suppose I will have to get them this weekend.
    LOVELY wrap you have there. Just darling. You are so sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooohhhhhh, Fuuuuzzzzzzyyyyy.

    Can I pet it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly dearest- my boss does not like your fur. But he thinks it would be great to wear on a double decker bus. He also does not know anything about anything so its ok. :-) Much love, toodles. me

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, that's good to know. the photo was actually taken on my camera, so that explains its present presence in my blog. Mom says I managed to wear it very naturally, and I think I agree. It was very comfy on the plane, though I was still pretty cold. Perhaps with long sleeves. And as for your boss, Emily, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'll just have to rethink the fur wrap I was going to give him for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith says he's allergic to faux fur so unless it's the real thing, he'd have to re-gift it anyway. :-)
    I, however, still love it and want to get dressed up and wear it somewhere.
    Why have you not updated your B-log lately?? I am so curious as to your goings-on. I should email you. Novel idea... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

window in the sub

Dear Nathaniel, I am microwaving pie that Mom bought up in Oak Glen this week on her way home from the orthodontist. As I put it in the microwave, I was full of sadness that I was not in Oak Glen with her. Why did I not go? I was working. I want to see the trees turn. I want to wander slowly through autumnal gift shops. Under the water, you cannot sense the approach of the seasons. Even here it is difficult because, after all, it's California. But I can still sense it. After three seasons in Illinois and one in Scotland, it must be with me for good. Or at least for a while. Because I am all abuzz with eagerness for fall and winter, for turkeys and dried leaves and Santa. I should start cooking again this fall. Fall foods are my favorite. Baked squash dripping with melted butter and brown sugar, pumpkin soup... this year, if I have enough money, I will put together a holiday dinner for my friends. And we will drink Scandinavian mulled wine, which is the most wonderful thing I have e...

Again in Gilead

I just finished reading this for the second time last week, thanks to the forever book group of Grace. It was equally as lovely the second time around, and while reading it, I wrote down a dozen more quotes from the incomparable Ames, who is both too beautiful a man to be real and too beautiful a man not to be real. (I'm grateful and amazed to know a few like him.) "It has been my experience that guilt can burst through the smallest breach and cover the landscape, and abide in it in pools and danknesses, just as native as water." (p.82) I have found this to be remarkably true. I see it in myself, and in many others as well. "I believe there are visions that come to us only in memory, in retrospect." (p.91) This seems to be about the only way I experience visions, but because memory is a rickety thing, I tend not to trust them much. Which makes me a poor prophet. "I know, too, that my own experience of the church has been, in many senses, shelte...

Being a Baker

Working at the Main Library has surprising advantages. Just now I stepped out of my office, walked five paces across the hall, scanned a badge, and walked under the civic center plaza to the elevator that stretches from beneath the earth up to the mayor’s office on the fourteenth floor. I didn’t have so far to go—just up one level to the utilities counter, where a sympathetic, amused woman named Sue shut down my gas payments. It took less than five minutes. I finished packing up my kitchen days ago. My cake pans were in boxes sometime early last week. But as I walked through the underground loading dock on my way back to the office, I was distinctly aware of the finality of what I’d just done. I would never, from that moment on, be able to bake for anyone out of that kitchen. Maybe it doesn’t seem like a very big deal, but I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of a certain identity, namely being “the person who bakes a lot”. I made a tiered wedding cake for some friends (because...